Total Pageviews

Friday, September 23, 2011

Vintage Photos

I’m often asked why I love Saint Bernards so much.  I really seem to struggle with a good, concise answer.  To be honest, I have always been drawn to them, their size and fluffy fur despite being from the generation that refers to Saint Bernards as “Cujo” (yes I know that dates me).  These days kids/people see them and shreek out “BEETHOVEN” – yes, just like Beethoven.  This of course is immediately followed up with “does he slobber as much as Beethoven?”  They do drool, but not like that!

One day I was going through a box of old photos and I came across this old 8×10 black and white photo from my first Christmas.  My dad is holding me next to my first present, Bernie the GIANT stuffed Saint Bernard.

Even though I didnt have my first “real” saint until I was in my 30's, I think I’d have to say my love of saints was definitely imprinted on me from birth.  Thanks Daddy!

The second photo is of me when I was about 18 months old with the same Bernie.  I had that stuffed animal for several years.  I dont know what ever happened to it though.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment