Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Best Doggie Halloween Costume in the History of Doggie Halloween Costumes?

Our minds = blown!

This morning, as on many mornings, I checked my Facebook account to see what crazy things my friends were up to … and one of them had left a link to a Cute Overload blog item titled “Ladies and Gentlemen, the Best Pet Halloween Costume of All Time.”

Next to the link, my friend had written, “So Mox is getting one of these, right?”

Yeah, I wish! My little Italian boy has an extensive wardrobe (as evidenced by this video), but I am nowhere near as crafty or creative as Katie, the mom of Bones Mello, now known to Internet denizens everywhere as “the AT-AT Dog.”

Over the weekend, she posted her step-by-step AT-AT costume process on Bones’ Facebook page. (Go on and “like” while you’re over there!)

Here’s how this amazing outfit was made. All captions and photos are from Bones’ page:

A foam form Katie made for fittings.

“This is an early shot of the foam form I made for fitting purposes. It was made to minimize the fittings on Bones the actual dog. He is patient, but there are limits.”

Bones in his speed suit.

“Here is Bones in his speed suit. This is two pieces, body and head, and is completely open underneath. I patterned it after some pajamas that he wears at night.”

The costume body.

“I am holding the body of the vehicle on bones to check the fit. I was taking too long to get his picture and he was ready to be done. I made the body all out of foam sheet which was 1/4 inch thick with “fun foam” foam sheets on top. It hardly weighs anything.”

Yogurt cups for feet!

“Here is the body suit once it is painted. The feet are just slid on to the model. The round disks at the joints snap on to the suit so it is more comfortable and easier to get on and off.”

The final product!

Hats off, Katie! This is the coolest thing we’ve seen in a long time, and your pup is being such a good sport about it!




View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment