Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rescue of the Week

I’ve done a lot of thinking about my “dog roots” lately.  Where I’ve been and where I’m going.  I’be seen my journey transform from that of rescue to someplace I never thought I’d go, preparing for showing and AKC events.  This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I feel I have betrayed my passion for helping dogs, Saint Bernards specifically, down on their luck and in need.

With the down turn in the economy and housing crisis firmly entrenched in our country there is no shortage of Saint Bernards and Labradors in need of a helping hand.  While I am not able to provide a temporary “physical” foster home for a dog in need at this time (as I have done countless times in the past), I can provide a “virtual” home for one looking for its forever home.  This Sunday I will be launching the first ever Sunday Saint Showcase section on my blog.  Each Sunday I will feature a different Saint Bernard or Labrador currently in a rescue waiting for the start of a it’s new, forever life.

If you are considering adding a Saint Bernard or Labrador to your family, please consider adoption.  Petfinder.com has many listings for available dogs in your geographical area.

If you are a Saint Bernard or Labrador Rescue and would like to participate, please feel free to contact me for details.

*Its the Dogs Life is not a rescue, nor it is it affiliated with any of the rescues that are featured on this blog.  I do not have any influence in who is considered for adoption.  Each rescues guidelines are different and all inquiries should be made directly to the rescue group that is hosting the dog you are considering.  We are not responsible for any actions of the groups or the dogs being featured on this site.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment