Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday Brutus and Rufus

Its so hard to believe the boys are now 8 year old seniors.  Although they are starting to slow down, they are still in pretty good shape.  They have very little grey on their faces, they still run around and wrestle with each other like pups.  They enjoy chewing bones and playing with their toys.

Their birthday marks the passage of time and reflection on all the good times I have had with them.  I try not to make it too big of a deal because I know that there won’t be many more birthdays for them.  The average life span (depending on what source you look at) is usually only 8-10 years.  It makes me sad that we get such a short time with our big guys compared to other breeds.  But I wouldn’t trade a single day with them for the world.  They have made me so happy and in the immortal words of Jerry Maguire… “You (Brutus and Rufus) complete me!”

Happy Birthday Boys!

I got their birthday cake from Three Dogs Bakery again.  Its a peanutbutter cake with peanutbutter cream cheese frosting and a “crowd” favorite.

  


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment