Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Saint Bernard Cupcakes #2

This weekend I am going to a dog show in Cleveland to watch a few of my friends show their Saint Bernards.  I usually make a tray of Saint Bernard cupcakes to take to my Saint Bernard Club November meetings and I’ll take them to the dog shows that I go and watch.  Ive mastered the ones I posted about in 2011 (LINK to post) I’ve tweaked them over the years and they are a big hit.

I’ve seen some great cakes online that use fondant, gumpaste and candy clay.  I’ve always been afraid to try it out, it seemed so hard.  I finally decided to dive in head first and made my own edible candy clay and tried my hand at making a Saint Bernard cupcake topper.  My first attempt, less than stellar but I was actually able to do it.  So I ran out and bought some more chocolate and made more candy clay and gave it a full on go.  Here’s the end result.  I’m actually pretty impressed with myself.  I hope everyone likes them at the Cleveland Cluster this weekend.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment