Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

These Are the Only Fruits and Vegetables I Would Consider Putting in My Mouth

And yes, they're toys for dogs. That's not weird at all. Also, you can win your own set!

Can I share one of my most shameful secrets with you? Fruits terrify me. So do vegetables. 

I'm not being cute -- I have issues putting foods with certain textures in my mouth, and the only way you'll get me to eat a carrot is in soup. My partner has joked about taking me to a hypnotist enough times that I'm starting to feel like he's dead serious. I often tell him to can it, but I know he's just trying to keep me from keeling over dead.

Anyway: dog toys! When our friends at P.L.A.Y. SF asked if we'd like to give away a set of their Garden Fresh plush toys for Valentine's Day, the first thing that came to mind was "Urg, produce, my favorite." But you know what? These might be the cutest fruits and vegetables I've ever seen. (Mostly because they're not real, but that's just me.)

My dog, Mr. Moxie, is a vegetable fan. But he didn't understand what I was up to when I arranged this cornucopia of plush toys next to him for this shot:

When I take a new toy out, Moxie goes absolutely bananas for it. But five toys at once is apparently a sensory overload for a small dog like him, as evidenced by the video clip below:

P.L.A.Y.'s produce toy pack ($40) includes a plump, teacher-worthy apple alongside a pumpkin, zucchini, carrot, and pea pod. Each toy is beautifully crafted -- not a stitch out of place -- and each has a squeaker or two hidden within (Moxie's favorite part).Scroll down to find out how to win a set of your own!

+ Aside from being the cutest, least-threatening fruits and veggies around, these toys are double-stitched and have a two-layer exterior for durability.

+ Like the rest of P.L.A.Y.'s products, they are eco-friendly, and stuffed with dog-safe PlanetFill filler (which is spun from recycled plastic bottles).

+ You can throw them in the washing machine without trouble.

To enter, leave a comment below to telling me about a phobia of your own ... or a food you absolutely will not eat.

I will pick my favorite answer next Thursday, Feb. 21, at noon PST and contact the winner via email. You'll have two days to respond or I'll choose another winner. (Sorry, that's just how it goes!)

Creating a Disqus profile and avatar just takes a minute and is a great way to participate in Dogster's community of people who are passionate about dogs. Please note that if your Disqus account doesn't contain a valid email address, you can't win because I won't be able to contact you. That's the worst! So, pretty please, check your account.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment