Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

WaterDog

Move over dirty, slobbery, algae ridden water bowls in the yard!  Your days are numbered!  I have found the most ingenious watering device of all time!  The WaterDog fountain!

 waterdog

A few weeks ago, I was perusing around on facebook and saw the most ADORABLE photo of my friend Cindy’s new 9wk old Saint Bernard puppy (Sonny Boy) learning to use the WaterDog.  At that very moment I knew I just had to have one.  How cute is that?!

Sonny learns to use the WaterDog

I think several of us had the same idea because facebook has been abuzz with photos of Saint Bernards using a WaterDog too.  Here’s my friend Loretta’s dogs (puppy Clara and Dax) mastering the art of fresh water drinking.  I really like her set up.  She has the extension kit and set it up in a large flower pot.  I’m thinking I may need to create something like that too.  Its really aesthetically pleasing and would go with the theme I have in my yard.

dogswell

The WaterDog is motion activated and provides fresh, clean drinking water for your dog at all times – genius!  It is easy to install and there is a “Y” junction included that allows you to use your garden hose at the same time.  If your faucet is not in a good location for the dogs to have access, you can purchase an extension kit that will allow you to place the WaterDog up-to 30 feet from the faucet as well as allow you to create a beautiful watering station or add it to a water fixture.

IMG_0082

My set up isnt fancy, yet.  It doesnt need to be for it to work thats the beauty of it.  Clean water, all the time!  No messy bowls to fill and clean.  There is a bit of a learning curve for some dogs, so dont get discouraged if yours doesnt take to it right away.  I’ve had mine installed for a week and it took Brutus a day to figure it out and the rest of the pack is still working on it.  Rufus and Apollo have shown some interest but drinks around it in the bowl.  The next step, now that they are used to the sound and the water turning off and on automatically is to remove the bowl.  I’ll keep you on the progress.  So far, I am in love with the WaterDog.

I’ve even seen people install them in their kitchen sinks for cats to use them.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment