Total Pageviews

Monday, February 3, 2014

Brutus vs. Sock Brutus 1 – Sock 0

IMG_9756

Now that I have finally caught my breath and calmed down I can share the “excitement” we had here on Tuesday.

Had a very scary day with Brutus.  The morning started out with him throwing up his breakfast.  Then two more vomiting bouts with the remainder of his breakfast.  Oh joy!  Bloat is of course going through my mind at this point.  Cleaned that up and he started going down hill from there FAST.

He threw up some water and headed outside to vomit again and collapsed in the most horrific fashion.  I will never get that image out of my mind.  I literally thought he had a heart attack and was dead laying there.  I absolutely freaked!!!  Stark raving screaming freak out.  I re-positioned his head and straightened out his legs and then he held his head up.  I helped him stand and he wandered back inside a little dazed, but far from dead.

He climbed under my desk and was very uncomfortable.  He started having some labored breathing. At that point I’m on the phone trying to get help from my husband to get him to the emergency vet.  He starts profusely drooling and I know hes about to get sick again.  We head out on the deck and he pukes up a ton of water AND a SOCK, a freaking SOCK!!!!!!!!!  WTF that dog has never eaten anything other than food before!

Immediately he starts wagging his tail and I just collapse on him bawling.  He came back in made himself comfortable in front of the fan.  He had rice and chicken for dinner and ate with gusto and seemed to be completely back to himself with in 2 hours.  I think I aged 10 years that day.

I was absolutely sick about it.  Thank goodness for happy endings.  Morale of the story… never, ever take it for granted that your dog wont get into something they shouldn’t.  And make sure your teenager picks up their socks!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment