As I predicted, the storms that are blowing through here now didn’t exactly help the turnout at the Sacramento adoption day for Greater California German Shepherd Rescue. So yes, I got a puppy to foster! Not sure if the boys got placed or Miz just thought I was a better fit for this girl, but she handed me Ursa, a 12-week-old bundle of puppy breath with paws that are already bigger than Drew’s, and Drew isn’t exactly a small Sheltie!
My little pick-’em-up truck doesn’t have room for a crate (my guys ride belted in the jump-seats in the extended cab with me), so I tethered her to the headrest and decided to pick up a pizza on the way home. She squawked a little, and then fell asleep. She sat up and waited patiently when I jumped into Hot Italian, then fell back to sleep for the ride home. Then she came in, met all the dogs, went out to the yard, did her business and is now asleep on my feet.
This is a great puppy! Friendly, people-focused, house-training concepts in place and already has a good retrieving instinct. Loves to be snuggled. The dogs here accepted her with a couple of sniffs, and it’s all good.
Ursa (and maybe still a littermate or two) are being adopted out through Greater California German Shepherd Rescue. It’s a fantastic organization that truly represents the best of what a rescue could and should be. Check out their dogs!
Any now, here’s Ursa!
.
No comments:
Post a Comment