Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dallas: The BIG Bus Tour’s final stop

Share on Facebook Tweet this Google Buzz Digg It Share on technorati Stumble upon it Add to delicious Email

It’s here: The BIG Bus Tour’s last stop. Dr. Marty Becker and his team rolled into Dallas last night after a great stop in Austin.

Today, Tuesday, June 7, Dr. Becker, Gina Spadafori and McKenzie the Dog will be at the PETCO at 5177 Eldorado Parkway in Frisco, Tex., to celebrate the release of “Your Dog: The Owner’s Manual: Hundreds of Secrets, Surprises, and Solutions for Raising a Happy, Healthy Dog” and spread the message that “Healthy Pets Visit Vets”!

Bring your dogs and join them from 12:30 to 2:00 PM. Come on down!

For those in the area, this morning at 8:35 AM, Dr. Becker will be on KDFW-FOX 4's Good Day Dallas show, talking about pets and “Your Dog: The Owner’s Manual.”

We spoke to Dr. Becker by phone this evening, and asked how he felt as the tour came to a close.

“I kept expecting exhaustion to knock, but if it did, I was so exhilerated, I didn’t notice,” he said. “Let me tell you one story. A lot of people came to the appearances, bringing their dogs, telling me the stories about how much they love them and care for them. But there were also stories like this one.

“This dog hadn’t been eating, and then they started hand-feeding him, and now he wouldn’t eat anything. They weren’t sure what to do next. And I knew that dog had needed to see the veterinarian quite a while ago.

“These kind of stories just break my heart, knowing that if people headed for the veterinarian earlier, they’d save the pet a lot of suffering, and in most cases, save themselves money, too.

“That’s why I am so passionate about the message that ‘Healthy Pets Visit Vets,’ and that’s what kept me going.” He laughed. “That and knowing I’m going to be seeing my beautiful wife, Teresa, at the end of the tour!”


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment