Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Guide Dog Forced to Ride in Trunk of Cab

(Photo: A pensive black lab, from FunStuffForDogs.com)

A blind woman who was late to an appointment says a cab driver made her put her black Lab guide dog in the trunk of his taxi if she wanted to get a ride.

Judie Brown, of Denver, said the cab driver told her “No dog in my cab.” He said he is allergic, and that the dog would have to ride “in the back.”

That was fine, until she realized he meant the trunk. She felt horrible assenting to it, and a month later, seems to feel even worse about it. “If something happened to him, I would just die,” she told KMGH.

Brown says she has been afraid to travel with Alberto since. “I’ve lost my independence. And I do not like it. It makes me angry. And I want it back,” she told KMGH.

The driver has been suspended and fined by the state, the cab company told the TV station.

Sadly, it’s not an isolated incident.Remember the video we showed last year of cabs not stopping for blind people with guide dogs, but picking up fares several feet after them?




View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment